Shumarova Ol'ga Sergeevna, Candidate of engineering sciences, assistant, sub-department of informatics and management in technical systems, Balakovo Engineering Institute of Technology – branch of National Research Nuclear University "MEPhI" (140 Chapaeva street, Balakovo, Saratov region, Russia), email@example.com
Kornilova Natal'ya Valer'evna, Candidate of engineering sciences, associate professor, sub-department of informatics and management in technical systems, Balakovo Engineering Institute of Technology – branch of National Research Nuclear University "MEPhI" (140 Chapaeva street, Balakovo, Saratov region, Russia), firstname.lastname@example.org
Background. The purpose of this work is to enhance a method of information signal processing at eddy-current quality control of polished rolling surfaces of bearing parts on the basis of automatic detection of local flaw by means of the frac tal analysis. The goal requires to solve the following objectives: to develop a meth od of automatic flaw detection and to create a software module for automatic detection of the most widespread local flaws of polished rolling surfaces of bearing parts according to the eddy-current monitoring, based on defining the Hurst exponent via a diagram of detail coefficients of the signal’s wavelet analysis.
Materials and methods. The conducted research was based on such methods as discrete signals processing, fractal analysis and the theory of image identification. The eddy-current monitoring results were processed using specially developed software written and realized by means of Delphi programming language. The pilotstudies were conducted via an automated system of eddy-current monitoring (ASECM) on the basis of automatic machines for bearing parts monitoring (ABKP2 and PVK-K2M) in the environment of “EPK-Saratov” JSC.
Results. The efficiency of the eddy-current method of quality control for polished surfaces of bearing parts drows due to the automatic analysis of the level of surface non-uniformity by means of special methods of the fractal analysis of information signals.
Conclusions. For the purpose of flaw detection we developed the special software allowing to analyze discrete data obtained from eddy-current sensors. The software implementation in the automatic system of precision products’ quality monitoring allows to control the technological process effectively. The developed software product is still being researched and after some adjustments for specific technological processes is subject to practical implementation.
1. Shumarova O. S., Ignat'ev S. A., Samoylova E. M. Vestnik Saratovskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta [Bulletin of Saratov State Technical University]. 2014, no. 2, p. 192.
2. Ignat'ev A. A., Vinogradov M. V., Gorbunov V. V. et al. Monitoring stankov i protsessov shlifovaniya v podshipnikovom proizvodstve [Gridning machine tools and processes monitoring in bearing manufacturing]. Saratov: SGTU, 2004, p. 124.
3. Shumarova O. S., Ignat'ev S. A. Vestnik Saratovskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta [Bulletin of Saratov State Technical University]. 2013, vol. 4, no. 1 (73), pp. 128–132.
4. Feder E. Fraktaly: per. s angl. [Fractals: translation from English]. Moscow: Mir, 1991, 254 p.
5. Vishik M. I. Sorosovskiy obrazovatel'nyy zhurnal [Soros educational journal]. 1998, no. 1, pp. 122–127.